Hemp milk is a popular alternative to cow’s milk, based on plants.
It is produced from whole hemp seeds and is rich in plant protein of high quality, healthy fats and minerals.
Hemp milk may be beneficial to the health of the skin and protect against heart disease.
- Hemp milk is produced by mixing the water with the hemp plant seeds, Cannabis sativa.
- This plant is also used for manufacturing marijuana. However, hemp milk and other products made from hemp seeds do not cause mind-altering effects such as marijuana and contain only trace amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) psychoactive compound
- Hemp milk has a creamy consistency and an earthy, nutty flavor. It may be used, for example, in smoothies, coffee, and cereal instead of cow’s milk.
- Although hemp milk may only be derived from seeds and water, many commercial varieties often contain sweeteners, salt, or thickeners.
- Hemp milk can be found in most grocery stores and online, due to the growing popularity of plant-based milk.
Hemp Milk Nutrition
Hemp milk is highly nutritious, with proteins and healthy fats loaded.
It actually has more protein and healthy fats than other popular vegetable milk types, including rice and almond milk.
Hemp milk has fewer calories, less protein and carbs compared to whole cow’s milk, but roughly the same amount of fat
What’s more, hemp milk contains nutrition for fast digestion and use by your body. It is one of the few complete proteins based on plants, since it contains all the essential amino acids that humans need from food
Promote Skin Health
Hemp contains omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids.
Having healthy amounts of omega-6 and omega-3 from foods will help immune reaction to inflammation and aging in your skin
A four-week study in 20 people with eczema found that taking two spoonfuls (30 ml) of hemp oil a day significantly improved skin dryness and itchiness. 13Trusted Source).
Can guard against heart disease
Hemp has nutrients which can prevent heart disease.
Consuming arginine-rich hemp products can help maintain optimal levels of nitric oxide and CRP in the blood, thereby reducing the risk of heart disease. (15Trusted Source).